Additional characters are sometimes added into your barcode output data supplied by your ticketing or registration platform. Ordinarily this would cause a failed scan due to the barcode data not matching the barcode image.
We have added a check-in app command routine to achieve a successful scan even if your data has extra characters within the code string (the barcode number).
Here's how to set up a command:
- Log into your event on the Qflow check-in app
- Go to the Settings tab (far right tab)
- Select the text command link in the page header
- Type into the command format into the command field:
- Start by adding the text bmap
- Add a space and then add an ID name for the command, such as the name of the ticketing company.
- Add a space after the ID name and then add the number of characters you would like to ignore from the beginning of the barcode number.
- Add another space after the first number and add the number of characters you would like to ignore from the end of the barcode number.
Example command - bmap TicketShop 3 1
- Now select the blue Go button to add the command.
- Return to the Scan screen and commence scanning.
Amending saved commands
To delete a command add - bmap clear (space) your ID name
To delete all commands add - bmap (space) clear
Show all current commands add - bmap (on its own)